There is a provision in the new healthcare law that provides a credit for small employers (including non-profits) who provide health insurance for their employees. Kent Gregory of Sterling G. Thompson provides a guide to help you find out if your organization qualifies for this tax credit.
For other tax related information, read these IRS Guides on Fringe Benefits and payroll issues.
- Guide to the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit – 3-3-11
- 3 Simple Steps Fact Sheet
- Form 8941 Credit for Small Employer Health Insurance Premiums
- 54 Fed 15-A IRS Employer’s Tax Guide 2011
- 55 Fed 15-B IRS Fringe Benefits 2011