Morse Honored With Business of the Year Award
CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity named Morse Manufacturing as “Business of the Year.” The award is earned based on quality of products, services, innovation, customer satisfaction and community involvement. CenterState produced a video about Morse featuring Morse president Nate Andrews which can be viewed at www.MorseDrum.com
MHEDA Member Takes Mission Trip to India
In January of this year, Starrco President Bryan Carey traveled to Kerala, India, with his Entrepreneur’s Organization as part of a mission trip to a village called Ullannur. The group, comprised of six men and three women, left for the 12-day trip to India on New Year’s Day. The primary aim of the trip was to interact with the children of Ullannur. “I thought I was going over there to teach them to throw Frisbees and before you knew it I was up in front of the class teaching English,” Carey says. “There were nine students, eight girls and a boy, in the entire fifth grade. I ended up finding pictures on my phone and having them identify it in English and then go up to the board and spell it. It was truly amazing.” In addition to spending time with the children and teaching them English, Carey’s EO was also able to make education an option for 21 students who couldn’t afford it previously.’
W&H Systems Launches Allied Products Program
W&H Systems, Inc. launched a new Allied Products program, which focuses of providing niche products for maintenance, packaging, safety, and storage operations within a warehouse. John Niemeyer, who has been with W&H Systems for over ten years and is an expert in the material handling industry, will lead the operation.
Hy-Tek Promotes Integrated Systems Executives
Hy-Tek Material Handling, Inc. is pleased to announce the promotions of Integrated Systems (IS) Division executives Donnie Johnson, Mark Bruner, Gary Wisniewski, and Mickey Thompson. The four execs oversee Hy-Tek’s growing national IS division and team of experienced engineering, sales, logistics, and project management professionals. The promotions were announced jointly by Hy-Tek CEO Samuel Grooms and Integrated Systems Division President Tom Mann at the MODEX 2014 expo in Atlanta.
PeakLogix Hires New Business Development Director
PeakLogix is proud to welcome new team member, David Armentrout, as Director of Business Development. He is responsible for directing and managing strategic business development initiatives for PeakLogix. “Because of his experience, David will bring new ideas and energy to PeakLogix’ deep understanding of distribution and manufacturing operations. His executive level experience in manufacturing adds a key skill set to the firm.” stated Bob Giberson, Principal of PeakLogix.
Partnerships, Acquisitions and Expansions
- Hy-Tek Material Handling acquired the Atlanta-based Conveying Solutions, Inc. and Allied Conveyor Systems, effective immediately. Together, the two companies form the Atlanta office of Hy-Tek’s Integrated Systems Division.
- DACO Corporation acquired the assets and trade name of Applied Handling Northwest Inc. (AHNW)
- Gregory Poole Equipment Company announced an agreement to acquire Advanced Handling Systems, Incorporated (AHS). Under this agreement AHS will operate as an affiliate of Gregory Poole Equipment Company and work in conjunction with the Gregory Poole Lift Systems Division.
- Elite Supply Chain Solutions joins MH Logistics. MH Logistics is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois and includes material handling solutions provider MH Equipment and construction equipment solutions provider MH JCB amongst its family of companies.
- Battery Watering Technologies is excited to announce the partnership with Wetac Motive Power to provide distribution for battery watering systems and accessories throughout Europe.
- Hannibal Industries and Twinlode announced a strategic partnership at MODEX 2014. “Twinlode has been a material handling leader with innovative dual-pallet handling solutions for 30 years,” said Steve Rogers, vice president of Hannibal Industries, Inc.
- UniCarriers Americas Corporation (UCA) continues to expand its South American operations, establishing its Brazilian business unit and appointing Newton Santos as sales operations manager.
- ARPAC continues on the path of strong and highly focused growth through the acquisition of Lambert (formerly Lamson) Material Handling.
- Tennsco Corp. expands its footprint in manufacturing steel storage and filing solutions with the purchase of Direct Line Corporation and SpacePro Manufacturing LLC, T/A KOMPAKT Systems.