Liz Richards Visits Heli Americas with Heli Senior Management
The senior management team from Heli Forklifts of Hefei China visited the Heli Americas Headquarters in Memphis Tennessee the week of April 7th. The management team from Heli included Mr. Dejin Zhang, Board Chairman, Mr. Hu, Vice General Manager for Exports, Mr. Bi Director Engineering 1-10 ton IC Trucks, and Mr. Ge, Senior Engineer, 1-5 Ton Electric Trucks. During their visit the Heli group met with the management from Heli Americas, Bruce Pelynio, President & CEO, and its partner Sunshine Enterprise, Wei Chen, Founder & CEO and John Chen, COO. Additional meetings were held with Brian Feehan, President of the Industrial Truck Association (ITA) and Liz Richards, Executive Director of the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA).
Discussions centered on Heli’s focus on the North American market opportunity and their intent to continue to expand their offering to meet the specific requirements including both product and aftermarket support.
UniCarriers Americas Announces First Master Technician
UniCarriers Americas announces Jason Dorsey of Western Carolina Forklift as its first to achieve master technician certification. UniCarriers University, formerly the University of Nissan Forklift, launched in January of 2012, is a state-of-the-art educational platform that enables UniCarriers Americas Corporation’s service technicians to rank among the most highly skilled and knowledgeable material handling equipment representatives in the industry. Achieving master technician status requires completion of 20 online and classroom courses.
AK Wins the Fun Award
AK Material Handling Systems of Maple Grove, MN was recently awarded the “Fun Award” by Minnesota Business Magazine as part of its inclusion of AKMHS in the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014. Out of the 100 companies recognized, 10 were featured in The Ultimate Office awards for going above and beyond to truly provide an enjoyable office environment for their employees.
Hines Named Executive Vice President and Dealer Principal
Effective July 1, Chad Hines was promoted to Executive Vice President and Dealer Principal of Quality Lift Trucks (Chula Vista, CA). Chad has worked in the industry for 15 years, starting his career as a field service technician. His passion for the business was evident and he had a desire to learn the industry and make it his career.
MHEDA Remembers Sally Miksiewicz
MHEDA extends its condolences to the friends and family of Sally Miksiewicz, CEO and Vice Chairman of East Penn Manufacturing, who passed away on June 20, 2014, in a tragic running accident. Sally’s passion for the company, vibrant energy, and innovative outlook were the source of key initiatives at the company. She was truly respected by all and will be greatly missed.
MHEDA Mourns Harvey Levin
MHEDA extends its condolences to the friends and family of Harvey Levin who passed away on July 13, 2014, after a battle with cancer. After earning his GED in the Navy, Harvey was a self-taught engineer who worked for Material Handling Supply (Brooklawn, NJ) for nearly four decades.
Partnerships, Acquisitions and Expansions
• Darr Equipment acquired the dealerships of Adobe Equipment Houston. The Adobe Equipment dealerships currently employs over 260 people with 6 branch locations in Houston, 1 branch in Beaumont and a recently opened branch in Lake Charles, LA
• Colson Group USA announced an expanded partnership with Conveyer & Caster-Equipment for Industry to further their commitment to best service the Ohio caster and wheel marketplace. The expanded partnership now provides Conveyer & Caster with sole Master Level authorization to the Colson brand in Ohio.
• Hy-Tek Material Handling, Inc. expanded its Integrated Systems Division office in Cleveland. Hy-Tek Integrated Systems/Cleveland has added three engineering and sales professionals to its 13-person material handling team.
• Cubic Designs, Inc. announced that it has broken ground on a new 32,000 sq. ft. plant expansion project in its Waupaca, WI, manufacturing facility, increasing the size of that plant to a total of 106,000 sq. ft. This is the fourth major expansion to Cubic Designs’ Waupaca facility.
• Equipment Parts Wholesale, LLC (EPW) and TVH Parts Co. (TVH) are pleased to announce that TVH has acquired the assets of EPW. EPW is a Fresno, California supplier of parts and supplies for aerial lift equipment.
• UniCarriers Americas Corporation realigned its field sales force and territories in the U.S. to better support the growing needs of its dealerships.
• Flow-Rite Controls was recently awarded a performance-based grant from the State of Michigan to support the expansion of its Byron Center, MI facility by 7,500 sq. ft. The expansion will include an innovative engineering center, upgrades to the existing facility, new high-speed assembly equipment, and new injection molds.
• Flight Systems Industrial Products (FSIP) entered into an exclusive remanufacturing agreement and an arrangement to distribute new products with S.P.E. Elettronica Industriale, of Bologna, Italy.
• LiuGong North America is pleased to announce Douglas Lake Equipment as a key member of the LiuGong North America dealer network.