Raymond Celebrates 75th Anniversary of Patents
On Friday, November 7th, The Raymond Corporation held a celebration to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the patents on the pallet and the hand pallet truck by Bill House and George Raymond, Sr. from the Lyon Iron Works. Steve Raymond, President of Raymond Handling Concepts, spoke at the event and provided some historical and family perspective.
Hart Named Executive Vice President of Flow-Rite
Flow-Rite promoted Todd Hart to the position of Executive Vice President. As the Executive Vice President, Hart will direct all operations of Flow-Rite, lead the executive team in formulating and executing the business strategic plan, and organize each department to optimize performance.
Clark Appoints Moratz to Lead Global Engineering Group
Clark Material Handling Company, in cooperation with Clark Material Handling International, created a worldwide product engineering group. To lead this group, Chuck Moratz has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Global Engineering, reporting to Dennis Lawrence, President & CEO of Clark.
UniCarriers Names Porwit Director of Marketing and Product Management
Mark Porwit joined UniCarriers Americas Corporation as director of marketing and product management. He is responsible for overall leadership of the marketing department and building and expanding the UniCarriers Americas product management team. He also leads the development and coordination of all sales and product training initiatives, creating a product roadmap for UniCarriers Americas.
MHEDA Remembers Henning Hoj
MHEDA extends its condolences to the friends and family of Henning Hoj who passed away peacefully on August 19, 2014, at the age of 83. He is survived by his wife, Inge, his four living children and their spouses: Suzanne (Myron) Wills, Peter (Shauna), Linda (Chuck) Googe, Tim (Jenn). He has 16 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. He is also survived by his younger siblings, Otto and Ingrid.
Partnerships, Acquisitions and Expansions
• W&H Systems announced the creation of a new Professional Services Group (PSG) division dedicated to bringing superior services and support to clients under the strategic direction of Jim McLafferty as Director.
• UniCarriers Americas announced its diversification into the material handling retail market with the acquisition of New England Industrial Truck in Woburn, Mass.
• Advance Storage Products has opened a new plant in Salt Lake City. The 65,000 sq. ft. facility houses manufacturing for Advance’s pushback and structural rack systems.
• Hyundai Forklift expanded its dealer network by naming Ogden Forklifts an authorized Hyundai dealership.
• Liftec Forklifts is an authorized dealer of Doosan lift trucks and material handling equipment in the metropolitan New York/Long Island/and upper New Jersey marketplace.